Home > Publications > Papers
Peer-Reviewed Papers in English
- Nozaki, Y. & Mikolajczak, M. (2022). Effectiveness of extrinsic emotion regulation strategies in text-based online communication. Emotion, Advance publication online. https://doi.org/10.1037/emo0001186
- Kajimura, S.†, Nozaki, Y.†, Goto, T., & Smallwood, J. (2022). Not all daydreaming is equal: A longitudinal investigation of social and general daydreaming and marital relationship quality. Frontiers in Psychology, 13, Article 904025. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2022.904025 †equal contribution
- Nakayama, M., Nozaki, Y., Taylor, P., Uchida, Y., & Keltner, D. (2020). Individual and cultural differences in predispositions to feel positive and negative aspects of awe. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 51(10), 771-793. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022022120959821
- Nozaki, Y. & Mikolajczak, M. (2020). Extrinsic emotion regulation. Emotion, 20(1), 10-15. https://doi.org/10.1037/emo0000636
- Nozaki, Y., Puente-Martínez, A., & Mikolajczak, M. (2019). Evaluating the higher-order structure of the Profile of Emotional Competence (PEC): Confirmatory factor analysis and Bayesian structural equation modeling. PLoS ONE, 14(11), Article e0225070. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0225070
- Nozaki, Y. (2018). Cross-cultural comparison of the association between trait emotional intelligence and emotion regulation in European-American and Japanese populations. Personality and Individual Differences, 130, 150–155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2018.04.013
- Nozaki, Y. & Koyasu, M. (2016). Can we apply an emotional competence measure to an eastern population?: Psychometric properties of the Profile of Emotional Competence in a Japanese population. Assessment, 23(1), 112-123. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1073191115571124
- Nozaki, Y. (2015). Emotional competence and extrinsic emotion regulation directed toward an ostracized person. Emotion, 15(6), 763-774. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/emo0000081
- Nozaki, Y. & Koyasu, M. (2015). Interpersonal emotional intelligence reduces the gap in anger regulation confidence caused by self-other dissimilarity. Psychologia, 58(1), 49-60. http://dx.doi.org/10.2117/psysoc.2015.49
- Nozaki, Y. & Koyasu, M. (2013). The relationship between trait emotional intelligence and interaction with ostracized others' retaliation. PLoS ONE, 8(10), Article e77579.http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0077579
- Nozaki, Y. & Koyasu, M. (2013). Effects of emotional intelligence on inhibiting retaliation for ostracism in Cyberball. Psychologia, 56(3), 167-178. http://dx.doi.org/10.2117/psysoc.2013.167
Peer-Reviewed Papers in Japanese
- Nozaki, Y. & Koyasu, M. (2016). Emotional competence in the multiple intelligences theory from the perspective of laypersons. Japanese Journal of Psychology, 86(6), 555–565.http://dx.doi.org/10.4992/jjpsy.86.14064
- Koyasu, M. & Nozaki, Y. (2016). Development of a demographic literacy scale. Kyoto University Research Studies in Education, 62, 57-77..
- Nozaki, Y. & Koyasu, M. (2015). Development of a Japanese version of a short form of the Profile of Emotional Competence. Japanese Journal of Psychology, 86(2), 160-169. http://dx.doi.org/10.4992/jjpsy.86.14207
- Nozaki, Y. (2015). Conceptual distinction between emotional intelligence and emotional competence. Kyoto University Research Studies in Education, 61, 271-283.
- Nozaki, Y. (2014). Experimental studies on the functions of emotional intelligence. Kyoto University Research Studies in Education, 60, 481-493.
- Nozaki, Y. (2013). Effects of regulation of emotions in the self and others on the change of emotional intelligence during the period of term examinations. Japanese Journal of Educational Psychology. 61(4), 362-373. http://dx.doi.org/10.5926/jjep.61.362
- Nozaki, Y. & Koyasu, M. (2013). Effects of cognitive appraisals and coping on the development of emotional intelligence during preparation for a university entrance examination. Japanese Journal of Personality, 21(3), 231-243. http://dx.doi.org/10.2132/personality.21.231
- Nozaki, Y. (2012). The effects of resilience and posttraumatic growth on emotional intelligence on the basis of a distinction between self and others domains. Japanese Journal of Personality, 20(3), 179-192. http://dx.doi.org/10.2132/personality.20.179